You came upon this blog for some reason. Maybe you stopped by from the Hip Homeschool Mom community or one of the places I’ve posted my projects. Perhaps you’re a friend, acquaintance or family member. You might even have stumbled here from the errant Google search (someday I’m going to post some of the funnier searches that lead people here, they’re hilarious). However you came to be here, whether you comment or just read, follow along or check in from time to time – you’re appreciated – and it’s time to show that appreciation by becoming a more consistent, reliable version of myself.
After 100 posts I decided it was time to write down a list of my goals. To record the things I wanted to share, the readers I hope to attract, and the purpose this place should have in my life. I want each person that stops by to know what they’re going to find on these pages so they can decide if they’re just in for a quick browse or if they’d like to follow along!
So what areyou going to find?
- I’m going to share my faith in Jesus and how it applies to the high points as well as the tough ones in my family life. I’ll talk about how we’re being grown and matured and perfected through faith & grace. I feel like the Lord has blessed me with just enough wisdom to teach my children, but that wisdom doesn’t necessarily extend to being any sort of teacher or biblical know-it-all for adults. So I’m really just praying the people that read about my faith will feel comfortable relating to my family and offering their own suggestions, observations, struggles, resources or encouragements.
- I hope to learn more about you and start to develop a relationship with some of you. I plan to be transparent and honest without usurping the intimacy of the nuclear family or verbally ‘throwing up’ temporary frustrations that are more a consequence of my own sin than problems with others. I wont talk about politics because, let’s face it, there are very few more divisive and inflammatory topics and that’s just not something I’m willing to be about.
- I will share my favorite recipes – focusing mostly on quick meals and crowd pleasing dishes to share. I’m not a photographer or a foodie so all of the yummy things I share will be someone else’s creation often tweaked to my own personal preference. I’ll take pictures to show the process, not to impress you with my photographic genius, it doesn’t exist!
- You’ll find organizational things. My blog is titled Organizational Hysteria and organizing is much of who I am. (The Hysteria part is too, of course, you can read HERE how I settled on the name.) So I will share organizing tips and cool projects and articles or books. There will be things I do in my own home, those I’ve tried that didn’t end up working, along with fun and creative ideas I would love to put into practice someday. I don’t do much with a mop and a dust rag but I can ORGANIZE and declutter with the best of them.
- I’m a homeschooling mom. I’ll post about the many facets of what really has become the very core of our family. It’s more than “school” it’s how we live and how our family functions so a great deal of what I talk about will be in some way related to homeschooling. We wont be posting what we do everyday, nor will I be posting any sort of recap of the week or month. I’ll record the more exciting and noteworthy trips and assignments as well as the things I think other people would enjoy trying with their own littles.
- My husband and I LOVE to build things, and I become more and more enthralled with all things crafty and handmade as the years go on. I will share the projects we’re working on and reveal the before and after transformations that are born of a little work and a healthy DIY spirit. You’ll find a lot of handcrafted projects here. I would also love to feature the projects of others that inspire and excite me. There’s something particularly satisfying about seeing a pile of raw materials created into something beautiful, useful, customized, and inexpensive!
- I will share books, movies, products, songs and articles I have learned from, enjoyed and would recommend to others. I happen upon a great deal of information thanks to social media, a minor Pinterest addiction, homeschool connections, magazine articles & conversations with friends. I’d like to pass those finds on to others.
- I will share from the unique prospective of the only woman in a house full of boys. As a wife to one boy, the mom of three others, I’ll write about the joys and challenges that come along with caring for a home jam-packed with the male species. And I’ll hope you will be willing to pray for me along the way.
Year two is going to be an exciting one!